Saturday, May 30, 2015
8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Clean out your cupboards and closets!
Join your neighbours in one of Ottawa’s most popular community garage sales.
(Rain Date: Sunday, May 31 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.)
- Be prepared. Be ready to go the night before so that you don’t have to rush around in the morning.
- Plan your sale layout with customers in mind. Use marketing tricks to make your customers more likely to purchase your stuff!
- Price things carefully.
- Label things well.
- Be friendly. Greet people as they arrive — chat if they’re chatty.
- Be willing to bargain, but be less flexible at the start.
- Make sure you have change: quarters, loonies, toonies, $5 bills.
- Do not use a cash box. Keep your money on you at all times.
- Make it easy for shoppers to test electronic items. Have batteries and/or an extension cord available for testing.
- Make it easy for shoppers to take their purchases home. Have bags, boxes and newspapers available.
Ottawa Giveaway Weekend:
The Spring Giveaway Weekend will take place on Saturday, June 6 and Sunday, June 7, 2015
Don’t put your unwanted stuff in the garbage. Set them out at the curb on Giveaway Weekend. Tour your neighbourhood, community and city to find hidden treasures.