PROTECT YOURSELF & YOUR PETS
- As the days get shorter, darkness falls earlier and neighbours who walk in the evening become less visible to drivers.
To protect yourself, your pets and drivers on the road, please wear something that is brightly coloured. Consider wearing a reflective garment and/or light for you and your pet.
KEEP IT TO 40 KM/H!!
As always, for the safety of our children, our pets and our community, please respect the posted speed limit of 40 km/h.
What Can You Do To Help?
- Keep your speed within our community to the posted 40km/h
- Encourage your neighbours, visitors and service providers to keep it to 40km/h
- Pick up and post a FREE “Keep it to 40 kmh” sign. FREE “Keep it To 40 kmh” Lawn Signs are available at Manotick Office Pro during regular business hours.
- Report speeders to the Ottawa Police Service.
There are two ways to report speeders to the OPS:
- By calling the non-emergency line at: 613-236-1222, ext. 7300
- Via online reporting: ottawapolice.ca/en/contact-us/Online-Reporting.asp
For more info, refer to our previous post “Speeding within the Carleton Golf and Yacht Community”