The 2016 AGM and Pub Night was a successful event attended by over 80 members.
Joel Trickey, GM of Carleton Golf and Yacht Club discussed the opening of the golf course this Tuesday, April 26 and the ongoing tree removal, due to Emerald Ash Borer, and the plan that is being developed to re-plant trees.
Scott Moffatt, City Councillor for Rideau-Goulbourn presented the survey of the community regarding ditch elevations and provided information about the impending Stormwater fee.
A Townhall regarding Drainage in our Community will be held at the Alfred Taylor RA on Tuesday, May 17 at 7 pm. Doors open at 6:30 pm.Councillor Moffatt and city staff will focus on the survey that was on display at the AGM and to discuss possible solutions to the historic poor drainage in the area.
If you cannot attend in person, you can contact Marv Swywk or Guy Goodman or send your concerns to
Winners were drawn from those who renewed their annual membership at the AGM.
- Lynda Hibbert – Dining Membership at Carleton Golf & Yacht Club
- Betty Michels – “Manis & Merlot” Jamberry Gift pack
- Bob Schuller – Gift Certificate for Kars Massage Therapy
- Jim McCollum & Ken Kroeker – No Go Coffee & CGYHA Mug
- Steve Lydall – “Steeped Tea” Gift Pack
- Andy Bouchard – certificates for 4 6″ Sandwiches @ Manotick Subway
Speeding vehicles and failure to dispose of dog waste were raised once again as major concerns within our community. Individual members are encouraged to report these issues and all other by-law issues.
- SPEEDING VEHICLES – can be reported on-line to the Ottawa Police using this form.
- Remind family members, your guests and contractors to
- DOG WASTE – Failure to pick up after your dog or to take it home and dispose of it on your own premises can be reported to serviceottawa.ca